Do you want to create planets using New Horizons? Then check out our website for all our documentation!
Check the ship's log for how to use your warp drive to travel between star systems!
- Quantum Space Buddies.
- OW Randomizer.
- Load planet meshes or details from asset bundles
- Use our template Unity project to create assets for use in NH, including all game scripts recovered using UtinyRipper
- Separate solar system scenes accessible via wormhole OR via the ship's new warp drive feature accessible via the ship's log
- Remove or edit existing planets, including what they orbit around
- Create custom planets from heightmaps/texturemaps
- Create stars (and supernovae), comets, asteroid belts, satellites, quantum planets/moons, and custom Dark Bramble dimensions.
- Add stock planet features to custom ones, such as geysers, cloak fields, meteor-launching volcanoes, rafts, tornados, and Dark Bramble seeds/nodes.
- Binary orbits
- Signalscope signals and custom frequencies
- Surface scatter: rocks, trees, etc, using in-game models, or custom ones
- Black hole / white hole pairs
- Custom dialogue, slide-reel projections, translatable text, and custom ship log entries for rumour mode and map mode
- Funnels and variable surface height (can be made of sand/water/lava/star)
The Unity project we use to make asset bundles for this mod is here.
Join the Outer Wilds Modding Discord if you have any questions or just want to chat about modding! Theres a New Horizons category there dedicated to discussion of this mod.
- xen (New Horizons v0.1.0 onwards)
- Bwc9876 (New Horizons v0.9.0 onwards)
- Mister_Nebula (Marshmallow v0.1 to v1.1.0)
New Horizons was made with help from:
- And the Outer Wilds modding server.
- Russian: Tlya
- German: Nolram
- Spanish: Ciborgm9, Ink, GayCoffee
- French: xen
Marshmallow was made with help from:
- and the Outer Wilds discord server.