Quality of Life Changes
All of these features must be enabled in the config menu before you can use them.
These features don't meaningfully change the gameplay of Outer Wilds.
- Disable Time-Freezing during Dialogue at a Certain Location
- There's an option in the vanilla game settings to freeze time while talking to characters. This can help make sure that you don't have to rush while talking to characters, but there's a certain location where that doesn't exactly matter. Enable this feature to disable time-freezing at that location!
- Disable the Reticule (the dot in the middle of the screen)
- This reticule can be set to visible (default), invisible unless the Scout Launcher is equipped, or always invisible.
- Disable Scout Launcher being automatically equipped
These features change some aspect of gameplay for Outer Wilds that alters the experience.
- Press 'Cancel' button to Exit Dialogue
- Do you want that character you're talking to to just stop talking so you can leave? Press the 'Cancel' button (usually Q on keyboard or B on gamepad) to exit a dialogue tree immediately!
- Eyes Always Glow
- Makes a certain type of eye always glow, even if you're not shining a light into it.